Acid rain is a serious environmental problem that affects large parts of the United States and Canada. Acid rain is particularly damaging to lakes, streams, and forests and the plants and animals that live in these ecosystems.
To learn more about acid rain, go to: epa.gov/acidrain/index.html
Help keep our rivers, lakes, creeks and streams clean from man-made pollution - Lost Lake, Colorado River painting by Barb Ross
Think about it - our creek beds turn into streams of water after a rainfall that lead to the ocean! San Mateo Creek Painting by Maria Hanxleden
Think about it - annual replenishment is our water resource from rainfall and snow melt! Waterfall by Evie Fernandez
Think about It! Only 1% of the world's fresh water is readily accessible! Palms Oasis original painting by Docia Reed
Planet Earth's Water
The next time you turn on your water faucet, think about this .... Approximately 97% of the earth's water is salt water, of the remaining 3% fresh water most of it is frozen in the polar icecaps and glaciers, present as soil moisture, or lies in deep underground aquifers.
About 1% of the world's fresh water is readily accessible for human and ecosystem use. It is found in lakes, rivers, reservoirs and in underground sources shallow enough to be tapped.
The annual replenishment of these water resources through rainfall and snow melt runoff makes up the world's renewable water supply.
Therefore, our renewable water supply is entirely dependant on climate, and our climate is rapidly changing.
THINK ABOUT IT ... HELP KEEP OUR GROUND WATER CLEAN OUR LIVES DEPEND ON IT!
ORIGINAL Fine Art by Beach Cities local Artists, Artisans and Musicians from the South Orange County Coast, CA - San Clemente, Dana Point, San Juan Capistrano, the Laguna's, the Viejo's and the Rancho's